1. Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State says members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) who are against zoning are selfish. Speaking at a meeting with PDP Senators and members of the House of Representatives in Abuja, Wike said the founding fathers of the party were not wrong in introducing the zoning policy.
2. The immediate past First Lady of Anambra State, Mrs Ebelechukwu Obiano, has formerly apologized to Governor Charles Chukwuma Soludo, Ndigbo and friends of Ndigbo, over the incident between her and Mrs Bianca Ojukwu in Awka, at the inauguration programme of Soludo on March 17, 2022.
3. Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano State has transferred power to his deputy, Nasiru Yusuf Gawuna. Ganduje did this shortly before jetting out to the United Arab Emirates.
4. The Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, has asked Nigerians to contribute to the cost of treating those affected in Monday’s train attack. At least nine people were killed, while many sustained injuries when bandits attacked a train heading for Kaduna from Abuja.
5. The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) has expressed shock over Monday’s attack on a Kaduna-bound train, describing it and the frequent attacks in the region as unacceptable. In a statement issued by its Secretary-General, Malam Murtala Aliyu, the forum said it is tired of crying out on the issue of security and other challenges bedeviling the region.
6. The Edo State House of Assembly has passed the bill for a law to prohibit open grazing of cattle and regulate other livestock in the State. According to the bill, Section 9(1) empowered the State Governor to designate a land for ranching in the land.
7. Again, bandits hit 2 communities in Giwa Local Government Area of Kaduna State, killing 23 locals on Tuesday night. The bandits injured many others as they shot sporadically during the attacks on the communities.
8. A 17-year-old boy, identified as Isah Hassan, on Wednesday, confessed how he plucked the eyeball of his victim, Mustapha Yunusa, in order to make charms, and disappear from gunmen and bandits in the forest where he goes to fetch firewood in Bauchi State.
9. The World Bank has sanctioned SoftTech IT Solutions and Services Ltd., a Nigerian information technology solutions company, and its Managing Director, Mr Isah Kantigi, for alleged corrupt practices. The firm, which was involved in the National Social Safety Nets Project, was sanctioned for 50 months, while the managing director was sanctioned for 60 months.
10. President Muhammadu Buhari will on Thursday in Abuja, host his Nigerien counterpart, Mohammed Bazoum, for a State Visit. The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, disclosed this in a statement he signed late Wednesday, titled ‘President Buhari hosts Bazoum, his Nigerien counterpart in Abuja, Thursday.